Mar 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (40)



"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting to get into our hands.

This week I'm waiting on....

Fangirl
by: Rainbow Rowell

Summary:


Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

Or will she just go on living inside somebody else’s fiction?


Why I Want It:
Confession time: I am a fan fiction writer. Yup. There you have it. I've written for a myriad of genres, fandoms, ships, and a whole other bunch of words most of you probably don't know. I too have gotten myself sucked into the online forums devoted to tv shows, couples, and other things, so an entire book written about this sounds eerily like it could be my biography.

Words cannot express how much I'm excited about this book. Anyone who is a fangirl! should take notice. 

Fangirl will be released 9.10.2013 from St. Martin's Press

7 comments:

  1. I so happen to READ fanfiction on the occasion. <3 This is a definite one I'll need to check out and I loved Eleanor and Park. :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I am dying to read this! Ever since I read Eleanor & Park I have been obsessing over when will this get released!

    great pick,
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS HANNAH!!! I can completely relate - I'm in many a fandom, and while I don't write an fan fiction, I'm still obsessed with the worlds/characters. I definitely want to read some of your fan fiction sometime my friend:) Let's make it happen, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome! I'll admit, I am a recovering fanfic writer, though my dabblings weren't that extensive, what can I say, I'm a OTP kinda girl.

    ~ Lindie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Like everyone else, I loved Eleanor & Park. I hope this one's just as good.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!