Apr 28, 2015

There's a GIF For That: #BEA15 Edition

BEA is only 4 weeks out and a lot of people are going to be having a lot of different emotions both leading up to and during BEA. While this post will be graphic heavy, I just want each of you to know that no matter what you feel ... there's a GIF for that emotion.

When you wake up the first day of BEA ....




When you take your place in line to enter BEA super early in the morning....




When the guards are about to let you enter the Promised Land and everyone starts pushing together because clearly we can all fit through the doorway together ....




When someone takes the last ARC in a galley drop before you can wade through the sea of bodies ....




When you're the one who grabs the last ARC from the galley drop pile ....




When you see someone crawl on their belly under a tangle of arms and legs to subvert a galley away from the stack unnoticed ....




When the mad rush calms down and you start to get your bearings ....




When you see someone cut in line ahead of you ....




When you see someone eyeing a line as they walk by, wondering where they can insert themselves with the least resistance ....




When someone [inadvertently] bitch slaps you across the face with their overstuffed tote bag ....




When you show up to a signing an hour before it begins to find out you're #200 in line ....



When you go to start a line an hour before the signing begins because you know the author is super popular and you want to be first in line, but the line attendant is all ....




When a signing gets cancelled at the last minute ....




When you finally meet your author hero for the first time ....




When you see someone walking around with a book you were told wasn't there five minutes earlier AND NOW THERE ARE NO MORE EVER ....




When you get sucked into a vortex of hell between booths and literally cannot move ....




When someone dressed as a fairy randomly showers you in gold glitter ....




When you realize your schedule has you in 5 lines in the same 30 minute window ....




When you meet that friend face to face that you've only ever talked to online ....




When you realize you survived your first day of BEA ....




When you realize you still have another 2 days of this ....




16 comments:

  1. These are HILARIOUS. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was sooo funny. I am very much hoping to achieve the belly crawl & fairy glitter! Ohhh I so excited!!
    Have you noticed I whever completely stalking the BEA goodreads group.
    I also have purchased 2 boxes of 5 hours energy shots for the apoccasion since sleep will be slim to none.
    ❤️Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think my being a nurse will be great for the lack of sleep and dealing with that, but my jet lag is gonna be baaaaaaaaaaad!
    BUT I'M SO BLOODYDAMN EXCITED I DON'T CARE AND CANNOT WAIIIIIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SCREAMING. This is the PERFECT representation of EXACTLY what BEA is, especially the Vortex of Hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO the one who says, "I can see you thinking from over there!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm officially terrified of BEA haha
    Great GIFs! :D

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA OH MY GOD IS I WEIRD THAT I'M EVEN MORE EXCITED FOR ALL THE CRAZY??? Seriously. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are freaking awesome. Lmao.
    Seeing these is getting me excited for BEA.
    I know for certain this year I will not miss the multi author in booth signing from Harper!! I miss it every single year! Because I am late, because the line is so long and they run out of books. Not this year!! I swear I will sit down three hours ahead of time if need be.
    Lolz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last year when they open the doors I screamed out really loud
    "WELCOME TO THE THUNDER-DOME"

    That got a few chuckles...
    I also compare it to The Hunger Games
    The tributes running towards the cornucopia

    ReplyDelete
  10. So freaking funny. I laughed throughout the post. Really, really enjoyed it - shared it on Fb and Twitter, G+1, too. Awesome. I'm going for my third year in a row. Absolutely cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha. Great post! I love the gifs/comments. This will be my first year at BEA but your post is making me think it will be a lot like the last convention I went to in most regards.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!