Jul 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (6)


"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking  the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
This week I'm waiting on....
 
 
 
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally.  
 
 
Here's the Goodreads blurb:
  What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.

Why I need to read this one:

My friend was actually the starting varsity quarterback for my high school senior year, and yes, she was a girl. Unfortunately she broke her ankle before the season started, so she was unable to play, but something about this book makes me think of her. I love football and I love strong women who blow apart gender stereotypes ... while still falling in love.
 
Catching Jordan will be released 12.1.2011 by Sourcebooks Fire

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one. It was my WoW a few weeks back. Awesome!





    My WoW.

    Mary (mfay2) @ Anxirium

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this one mainly because it does sound like it just tosses aside gender stereotypes and just tells a good story. Thanks for highlighting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that one looks awesome!!!

    For my WOW go to: http://piscesmuse.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/waiting-on-wednesday-pandaemonium-by-lauren-oliver/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about this around a month ago, and I'm not usually interested in sporty books, but this book is really appealing to me. It helps that I like the cover. :) Great pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-scorpio-races.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds good, football is one of my favorite sports. Great pick!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very awesome. Can't wait for this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!