Nov 25, 2011

Follow Friday (7)



Question: It's Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for - blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading?


I could list 100 books that have inspired me to start this blog or to start my own novel. And there are books that have made me laugh out loud and bawl my eyes out. But this time around I'd rather focus on those fellow bloggers who, whether they knew it or not, help motivate and educate me.

Ashley @ The Book Labyrinth - She was one of the first people to truly help me, and I cannot thank her enough. She has been a sounding board, a cheerleader, and a constant inspiration. I first met this incredible chick at Livejournal and she initially got me interested in blogging. She has never hesitated to email me back when I have asked her a question - no matter how crazy it might have been.

Julia @ Rex Robot Reviews - I swear this girl is my book soulmate. What started as a simple book swap has blossomed into, what I consider, a solid friendship. I love texting her about what new books I have snagged, trading with her, and gushing about our favorite topic - Book Expo America (BEA). We both realize we're crazy, but revel in the comdradery of our insanity. It's quite fun and I adore her.

Mariah @ FarEscape Reviews - I have known this girl for years, and while she's knew to the blogging world herself, she has been a huge supporter of mine. Whether it's about writing, blogging, or the every day craziness, I can call this girl about anything and know she's on my side. In the early stages of this blog, I must have asked her opinion on EVERYTHING and she never once told me to, "Shut up!" even though I probably annoyed her to no end. Everyone should have a friend that backs them up no matter what, and I'm truly blessed and thankful to be able to count her in that category.

Kristi @ The Story Siren - I have never met nor talked to Kristi, but I think we can all agree she has a huge influence on the blogging community. I constantly used her blogger tips when I was getting started. Everything from post content to how to request an ARC is listed on her site. I love that she takes the time to help out everyone else and wants to see them succeed.

4 comments:

  1. The only blogger I've heard of is kristi at The Story Siren, although I haven't visited her blog very often.

    You sure are lucky to have such great blogging friends!! : )

    I'm a new follower, by the way!

    Here's my FF post:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/follow-my-book-blog-friday-hop-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's really nice to see the obvious friendships you've formed through blogging :) I love how kind this community tends to be.

    Of course, Kristi is my hero ;) Seriously though, I would be so lost without her blogging advice.

    Sonia
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally agree about Kristi from The Story Siren and Rachel from Parajunkee, they are wonderful bloggers who are great influences. :)

    What a lovely post, I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Follow Friday!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!