Dec 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (33)




"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting to get into our hands.


This week I'm waiting on....

by: Kelsey Sutton


Summary:
I can’t weep. I can’t fear. I’ve grown talented at pretending.

Elizabeth Caldwell doesn’t feel emotions . . . she sees them. Longing, Shame, and Courage materialize around her classmates. Fury and Resentment appear in her dysfunctional home. They’ve all given up on Elizabeth because she doesn’t succumb to their touch. All, that is, save one—Fear. He’s intrigued by her, as desperate to understand the accident that changed Elizabeth’s life as she is herself.

Elizabeth and Fear both sense that the key to her past is hidden in the dream paintings she hides in the family barn. But a shadowy menace has begun to stalk her, and try as she might, Elizabeth can barely avoid the brutality of her life long enough to uncover the truth about herself. When it matters most, will she be able to rely on Fear to save her?


Why I Want It:
I love, love, love this concept. It's something I haven't seen or heard of. Anytime I can find a novel that touches on an unexplored idea, I am all for it. I can't wait to see what Kelsey Sutton does with this!

Some Quiet Place will be released July 8, 2013 by Flux

4 comments:

  1. Wow Hannah! Look at that cover! I need this book just for the cover alone, but that premise sound unbelievably good and so, so creative! MUST HAVE. Why'd you have to pick one that doesn't release until July though? You're killing me! *sobs with want*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this cover around, but I had not read the synopsis until now. 'Seeing' emotions sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing.
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one before today but I like the summary and I'd love to read it. It sounds pretty interesting. Plus, that cover is gorgeous. It'll look well on my bookshelf. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it as well.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!