Oct 14, 2013

Pub Crawl 2013 - The Blogger Side of Things



If you've been following me or Jen from Jenuine Cupcakes (@cupcakegirly) on Twitter, you might have seen this hashtag lately: #PubCrawl2013

(No, this isn't Jen and I building up to going on a drinking binge.)

Back in July, Jen and I were having dinner and she mentioned how for her birthday she would like to go visit one of her favorite publishing houses in NYC for a day. I readily threw myself on that idea because that sounded freaking fantastic. Then we kept talking and decided why stop at one publishing house when NYC is full of them?

And thus, Pub Crawl 2013 was conceived.

This Thursday, Oct. 17, Jen and I will be taking the Megabus up from where we live in Maryland and into NYC where we're going to visit some of our favorite publishers and publicists. They're agreed to sit down and talk to us about publishing, marketing, publicity, and even give us a tour around their offices!

I'm sure we'll be posting all over Twitter and Instagram as we go as well as recapping what we learn and see on our blogs afterwards. We're doing this in two parts: Jen will be covering topics from the perspective of an author trying to break into the publishing world (what to expect, tricks to know, and how a book makes it from someone's head to on the shelves). I'm covering the blogger end of things - what do publishers expect from bloggers? How can a blogger get you to take notice of their blog? What are some dos and don'ts?

That being said, if there's any questions you'd like us to ask these awesome publicists about blogging (or anything else), feel free to shout them out here and we'll see what we can do!

If you're an aspiring author with questions about how books are published, head over to Jenuine Cupcakes!


Follow Pub Crawl 2013 on:

Twitter


Instagram

6 comments:

  1. I"ve seen you two all over Twitter with this but wasn't quite sure what it was. Now I know and now I want to know MOAR!! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be EPIC! Our day is full of amazing visits.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant idea ladies, can't wait to read all about your Pub Crawl adventures!!!! I wish I lived a little closer to NYC, I would so love to go with you:)

    Also, on a random side note: I'm starting to get a complex about this Skype thing Hannah. I'm beginning to think it's never going to happen for us :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived closer, too, and not just so you could go to NYC with us. I miss your face. That stood me up on Skype.

      YEAH.

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic idea Hannah!!! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!