Top 10 Things To Know About Me Before #BEA141. I suck at remembering names. I just do. This is especially true if we talk on twitter and your handle and picture are totally different from you in real life (unless your name really is Reading and you strongly resemble a book cover). Don't take it personally if I study your badge to place you.
I'm leaving for #BEA14 in 4 weeks from today (OMG - 4 weeks!), so for those of you who haven't met me, here's what you need to know:
2. I love when people say hi. Not sure if someone will say hi or smile back? I am so your girl. Feel free to shout my name - you won't embarrass me. It happens all the time.
3. I'm 6' tall (yes, six feet) and so I'm usually fairly easy to spot in a crowd. Also I can reach things high up on shelves. It also means I can reach over people to grab books during galley drops. Feel free to ask me to pass you something.
4. I'm very excitable. Think preschooler on a sugar high on Christmas morning. I get giddy and silly and sometimes have to be told to chillax.
5. My name may mean "grace" but I seriously lack it. I have a tendency to wobble and stumble just standing still. It would be funny if I didn't knock things over on occasion or look like I'm drunk.
6. I accept all forms of hugs - tackle, one-armed, group, bear, and any other. I'm a hugger. If you have a problem with this, make sure to say so before I go in for the kill.
7. I am a human map. I memorize maps of places - amusement parks, schools, etc. - and the Javits is no exception. If you get turned around on the floor, ask me where a booth is and I can point you in the right direction.
8. I have no problem making a fool of myself, so if you're too embarrassed to do or ask something, come get me. Odds are I'll do it.
9. I don't do coffee, but I have a major obsession with coca cola. Don't be shocked if you see me down several at a time.
10. If you see me running, keep up. Because there has either been a galley drop of cash or the building is on fire. Either way, you should be running, too.