Feb 17, 2014

BEA 2014 - Here we go again


Most of these tips & tricks posts were created last year, but still hold true, so why fix what ain't broke? I'll be adding a couple more over the next few months. If you have any questions or suggestions for future posts, comment below or email me: theirishbanana.review@gmail.com

BEA Dates: May 28, 2013 - May 31, 2014
Hours: Thurs. & Fri. 9-5, Sat. 9-4
Official site: http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/

BEA Tips & Tricks Posts:
Are You Going?
For Your Consideration
Tips & Tricks - Part 1: As a Matter of FAQ (The BEA basics for beginners)
Tips & Tricks - Part 2: Take It On The Floor (Debunking BEA myths)
Tips & Tricks - Part 3: Make the Most of It (There are things to do besides BEA)
Tips & Tricks - Part 4: The Art of the Business Card (Keys to designing a business card)
Tips & Tricks - Part 5: Bring It On ... Or Not (Things to bring, leave & consider)
Tips & Tricks - Part 6: Power Up (A Power Readers guide for BEA)
Tips & Tricks - Part 7: Totes, Y'all! (Why a pre-packed tote is essential for BEA survival)
Tips & Tricks - Part 8: Schedule Mania (Tips for creating the perfect BEA schedule)

BEA Posts by Others: 
First Time to BEA? - From BookExpo America
Lexie's Info Post @ Poisoned Rationality
My BEA Mistakes by Liza @ Reading With ABC
BEA 2013 Info from Steph's Stacks
Scheduling Your Visit At BEA by Pushy & Danny @Bewitched Bookworms

My BEA Recap Posts:
BEA 2012 Recap
BEA 2012 Stacking the Shelves/IMM vlog
BEA 2013: Day 0
BEA 2013: Day 1
BEA 2013: Day 2
BEA 2013: Day 3


From 2013:
For the last two months, Lexie from Poisoned Rationality and Nicole from Paperback Princess and myself have been setting up a series of interviews all about BookExpo America. We've talked to bloggers, publicists, librarians, authors, and book sellers who each give a unique perspective about what they've learned from BEA and what you can expect this year. We'll be posting interviews the entire month of May leading up to BEA!

May 1 - Jenny @ Supernatural Snark
May 2 - Michelle Pickett
May 3 - Lili @ Lili's Reflections
May 4 - Cara Lynn Shultz
May 5 - Steph @ Read Rinse Repeat
May 6 - Sarah J. Maas
May 7 - Spencer Hill Press
May 8 - Danny @ Bewitched Bookworms
May 9 - Audrey (Librarian and Blogger @ Bibliosaurus Text)
May 10 - Lindsi @ Books, Sweets, and Other Treats
May 11 - Hannah @ Girl In the Cafe
May 12 - HarperCollins
May 13 - Sourcebooks
May 14 - Tasch @ Bloody Bookaholic
May 15 - Carmen Rodrigues
May 16 - Little, Brown & Company
May 18 - Macmillan Kids
May 19 - Kat Zhang

Check back for BEA Blitz 2014 in May!

10 comments:

  1. So I'm actually still trying to decide whether to go mostly based on the boyfriend's work schedule. We have already told family that we'd like to stay with them so as long as boy can get vacation *fingers crossed* Thanks so much for this list, I've been stressing a bit over this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO WANT TO GO AGAIN!! I've had such a great time the past two years...but it all depends on if my boss will let me get away. Looking forward to reading the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun series you have planned! I was thinking of not going this year, but I can't stay away. I'd miss seeing my friends too much. And I love the spectacle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these post and I'll be checking for the BEA Blitz for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are getting an early start on BEA my friend! So looking forward to another year. *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post! I am hoping to go to to BEA for the first time this year and I cannot wait! It sounds SO amazing. Looking forward to learning more. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you have any sites or information on people who want to share rooms? Saving money anyway I can. Really sad that there isnt anything on the West Coast like this

    Ashley
    Books Buying Beauty
    @Bookz4Nerdz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always check out the BEA group on GR and ask around for a roomie:

      https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/62172-bookexpo-america

      Book a hotel through BEA because that will save you some $$$.

      Delete
  8. *happy dance*

    Let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!