Jul 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Polaris


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting to get into our hands.


This week I'm waiting on....


POLARIS

By: Mindee Arnett

Following the events of Avalon, Jeth Seagrave and his crew are on the run. Jeth is desperate to find the resources and funding he needs to rescue his mother from an ITA’s research lab and leave this whole galaxy behind for a new life somewhere else. But the ITA is just as desperate, and soon Jeth finds himself pursued by a mysterious figure hell-bent on capturing Jeth and his crew—dead or alive. In a last-ditch effort to save everyone he holds dear, Jeth enters into a bargain with the last person he ever thought he'd see again: Dax Shepherd, the galaxy’s newest and most fearsome crime lord. And he’s not the only one: upon arriving back at Peltraz spaceport for the first time since he witnessed the death of his old employer, Jeth discovers Dax has a new partner: Jeth’s mother, Marian.

This shocking turn of events is only the first in another breathless, action-packed sci-fi adventure rife with danger, love, and betrayal, as Jeth has to once again ask himself how much he’s willing to invest in a morally bankrupt galaxy in the hopes of saving those he cares for.


Why I Want It:
I absolutely adored Avalon beyond words. I cannot wait for this conclusion - which I will read because my usually book hang ups do not apply to duologies. And also because it's based on Firefly. And Mindee is a doll.

Polaris will be released January 20, 2015 by Balzer + Bray

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! I didn't realize it was a duology! Yay! I loved Avalon and am super excited for this one too! Plus these covers are really cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, what? It's based on Firefly? I had no clue! I haven't wanted to read the Firefly graphic novels, but in novel form, well! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books are based on Firefly?!?! I had no idea! I definitely need to read these books now! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. I guess I should start reading Avalon now then. I love this cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a herbal medicine, i followed the instructions on how to use it, after taken the medicine for 2 weeks, i went for check up and the result came out negative and i was treated of this deadly disease, I am now free from Herpes.


    You can contact him …………….{{robinsonbuckler11@gmail}} com,,

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!