Jan 5, 2015

Review: Willowgrove by Kathleen Peacock

Title: Willowgrove
Author: Kathleen Peacock
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Publication Date: 1.6.2015
Pages: 368
Genre: Paranormal, Young Adult, Werewolves
Series: Hemlock #3
Source: ARC from publisher

Rating: 4 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
Willowgrove is Kathleen Peacock's riveting conclusion to the Hemlock trilogy, a dark, romantic, paranormal suspense series that pits friendship against survival, and trust against love.

Ever since Mac's best friend, Amy, was murdered, Hemlock has been a dangerous place. But now that Mac, her boyfriend, Kyle, and Amy's ex, Jason, have investigated a mass breakout from Thornhill, a werewolf "rehabilitation" camp, the danger has only grown. Fear of the infection spreading is now at an all-time high, and anyone with a scar is suspected of being a wolf.

What makes Mac even more afraid, though, are the dark experiments that the warden of Thornhill was performing on wolves in a secret asylum called Willowgrove. Uncovering the truth about what happened may be the only way for Mac to save everyone she loves and end her nightmares for good.

Review:
LOOK! LOOK! I finished another series! LOOK AT ME GO!

Finishing a trilogy is a monumental feat for me, but once I had a copy of WILLOWGROVE in my hands, there was no stopping me. After everything that had happened in Hemlock and Thornhill, I was desperate for some answers and closure, not unlike our hero, Mac.

It’s hard to get into the particulars of WILLOWGROVE without giving away crucial details for the first two books, but suffice to say Kathleen Peacock wraps up this series wonderfully, tying up all the loose threads and answering long-lingering questions. She stayed true to her characters from book one through book three, and I absolutely adore her for that.

If you’re looking for a paranormal fix with a lot of mystery and suspense (and a couple of seriously hot boys – hands off Kyle, OK? I have dibs!), then I urge you to pick up this series by Peacock. It’s fun, fast, and absolutely fantastic to read.


Hey—I even finished this series, people. We all know how rare that is for me.

1 comments:

  1. My review went up for this today, as well. I liked this series a lot. I loved the first book, but thought the second and third weren't as strong, though good follow ups for sure! I was happy with the series overall and would probably give it a 4 for the entire thing. And Kyle, *swoons*, you're right. I also loved Trey. Glad you enjoyed it. And YAY for finishing a series. I started and finished this in about a week and a half!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!