And now, here's 25 things you never knew about author of REBEL OF THE SANDS, Alwyn Hamilton:
1) When I was a kid I was obsessed with pirates and desperately wanted to be one when I grew up.
2) In the same year in High School theatre I played Richard III and Mrs. Robinson from the Graduate. http://gph.is/XHvOuD
3) I can roll a kayak (Or used to be able to). Conversely I once sank a sail boat. http://gph.is/XKFswD
4) I once wrote and was director of Photography for a short film noire with a detective called Ace Spade. It was my favourite thing that I had ever written at the time. http://gph.is/1a9EMYH
5) My first words were “Goodbye” in English, French and Italian. http://gph.is/1OSq9IW
6) My family and I have a plan in the case of world ending apocalypse. My part involves loading up on water, protein bars and a map of France and walking to the continent using the Eurotunnel. http://gph.is/1FaGOn1
7) I am the least picky eater in the world but one thing that I will not drink under any circumstance is Coke/Pepsi http://gph.is/1b1NnIj
8) I have been to as many countries as I am years old. http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-05/18/14/enhanced/webdr15/anigif_enhanced-25912-1431974595-17.gif
9) When I was 10 I was elected as the children’s parliamentary representative for my district in France. I ran against the guy who was my first kiss. When I won I got to sit in the National Assembly for a day.
10) I once worked an entire auction day at work with a power failure, answering phones with no working computers, no lights and losing my voice. http://gph.is/1bxwicE
11) When I was 21 Jeff Goldblum told me I was the spitting image of a young Mariel Hemingway (Ernest Hemingway’s Granddaughter) from the 1979 Woody Allen film Manhattan. I then watched him play a tiny piano.
12) If I get really stressed out I bake as a form of de-stressing/procrastination. I made a batch of brownies every day when I was studying for my baccalaureate. http://gph.is/1muz7PM
13) I wrote my final year dissertation about depictions of Charlotte Corday, the woman who murdered Marat in the Bath.
14) There’s a scar on my forehead from where I pulled a radio onto my head as a toddler and had to get stitches. In my parents’ words “We only looked away for 10 seconds…” http://gph.is/NbZRaV
15) I’m not very good at Video Games at all. But I did go through a period of big time addiction to the Sims. http://gph.is/1vlpmY0
16) I am catnip to mosquitoes. I once had to have socks duct taped to my hand to keep me from scratching my legs bloody in my sleep. http://i.imgur.com/XbKRiLn.gif
17) The first album I ever owned was the Spice Girls. The first Single was Britney Spears “Hit me Baby One More Time.” http://gph.is/1a7nfAv
18) A Qatari Prince once threatened to fire me. I didn’t actually work for him. https://media0.giphy.com/media/102W0riJ3fhGkU/200_s.gif
19) In the town where I grew up, in September, picking grapes was a legitimately accepted excuse to have missed a day of class.
20) I have been told I’m very intimidating by Hugh Grant. I was standing behind a glowing podium in control of a guest list at the time at a charity auction. I have never been so tempted to pretend I couldn’t find someone’s name on the list. http://gph.is/1jZ4x0v
21) I am compulsively truthful. With the exception of once in High School, a newer friend said to my oldest friend “you wouldn’t understand, you’re an only child”. Which is true, but for absolutely no reason, I said, “No she isn’t. She has a younger sister.” And spent the next 2 weeks convincing people that she had a little sister named Margaux. http://gph.is/1EbiCnR
22) Venice is my favourite city in the world and I sometimes fantasize about moving there for 6 months.
23) I have such thick hair I once broke a hairdresser’s scissors cutting through my ponytail when I was donating my hair. After she got new scissors she went around the salon making the other hairdressers feel it. http://media.giphy.com/media/4SsqeQj2pCyHK/giphy.gif
24) I once spent an entire 2 weeks cooking nothing but pies because I was watching PUSHING DAISIES. http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/915/9be2ff60-1df8-0133-4698-0a2ca390b447.gif?
25) I hold pens like a left handed person but with my right hand. No teacher in 12 years was able to train this out of me, though many tried.
Blog Tour Schedule:
3/7 - Guest post
What Sarah Read
3/8 - Interview - QUESTIONS DUE
My Friends Are Fiction
3/9 - Book playlist
Once Upon a Twilight
3/10 - Top 10 list
Love is not a triangle
3/11 - Review & Giveaway
The Book Addict’s Guide
3/14 – Gif Review
Forever Young Adult
3/15 - Would You Rather? - QUESTIONS DUE
Alexa Loves Books
3/16 - Book playlist 2
The Irish Banana Review
3/17 - 25 Random Things About Me
3/18 - Review & Giveaway
Two Chicks on Books
3/21 - Guest post 2
The Eater of Books!
3/22 - Interview - QUESTIONS DUE
It Starts at
3/23 - Top 10 #2
3/24 - Dreamcasting post
3/25 - Review & Giveaway