Mar 2, 2016

Uppercase Box


A couple of week ago, I was asked to review Uppercase, a monthly book subscription. I am a huge fan of subscription "boxes" (they don't always come in boxes), but I've really only tried the cosmetic variety (Ipsy, Birchbox, Julep, Beauty Box 5, and Boxycharm) and one for my dog (BarkBox). I've loved all of them - it's so fun to get a box in the mail full of goodies to explore and love. So the fact that now books are being offered in boxes with bookish themed goodies? Yes, please!

So a few days back, I received my first Uppercase:


Everything came inside the Uppercase bag and I quickly tore into it. First I found a copy (signed) of STARFLIGHT by Melissa Landers. I was a smidge disappointed because I already owned a copy of it. It also had with it a matching bookmark and mini-poster.

But the next thing that tumbled out was this beautiful thing:


Ignore the fact that I look, um ... what's the word .... CRAZY. And I do not match. At all. Whatever.

It's a scarf with the words from Anne of Green Gables on it. 


It's real purdy, y'all.

Lastly, there was a gorgeous set of nail wraps with the cover of STARFLIGHT on them (very pretty and galaxy themed and did I say pretty?). 

For $23 a month, this is a great deal - I mean, the book alone retails for $18. 

Here's a little more info about Uppercase:

-The books featured are solely YA books and always new releases (typically books that release that month)
-It was started by a blogger, Lisa from Read. Breathe. Releax.
-There are 2 box options:

          1. The first box, the Expert Plan, includes a brand new book that is either signed by the author or comes with a signed bookplate. It also includes 1-2 new, high quality, exclusive bookish items, reading experience with custom content and a handwritten note. This is $23 USD a month.

          2. The second box, the Book Exclusive Plan, comes with everything above sans the bookish items. That option is on $17 USD a month.

If you're a book lover and enthusiast whole loves fun ways to express your bookish love, then go with the Expert Plan. But if you're simply lost in a sea of new releases and need someone to give you a new book each month, then opt for the Book Exclusive Plan. Either way, you can't go wrong! You can also gift Uppercase to someone (so if you have a bookish friend or family member or #OTSPSecretSister with a birthday, this makes an awesome gift!).

Currently Uppercase ships to the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Now for the question I know you're dying to ask: Would I buy it for myself?

Honestly ... no. Not because I don't love the box - I do. But I get so many books (case and point: I already had this month's book because the publisher sent it to me) that it seems a waste. However, if there was a third plan to just buy the exclusive bookish themed items, I would be all over that.

6 comments:

  1. Fun! The subscription boxes just aren't worth the money for me, but I always love to see what everyone else gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too tired Uppercase last month. I had already read the book but loved the scarf. I am trying it again for March and not reading anything but Lady Midnight when it first comes out. I am hoping for one of three books for this month. Haven't decided yet if I will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about Uppercase. I don't tend to buy new releases right away, so I feel like I wouldn't have most of the books, which is good. I love the scarf though! How fun.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I keep thinking about getting one myself, but I`m always unsure. Love checking out what other people got in their boxes though.

    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is so gorgeous!! That's why I'm hesitant about bookish subscription boxes because I never know if I have the book =/! But I do love subscription boxes! My favorites are Loot Crate and Birchbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing such a great article.Book for love is another level of hobby. I got monthly book subscription and get amazing books monthly.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!