Nov 26, 2011

Debut Author Challenge 2012

I just signed up for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge! I am so excited for what 2012 will bring us. I've been fortunate enough to read a few of the year's earlier debuts, and if they are any indication this will be an insanely talented year! Here's a few that I'm looking forward to:

1. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
OK, yes, I have read this one and words cannot express my love for it. It is freaking incredible. A delicious mash-up of dystopian and sci-fi, this one had me tearing through the pages!

 2. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
A retelling of Robin Hood with sidekick Scarlet as a girl?! Um, yes please! I want this one SO badly! Not only is it giving a fresh twist to a classic, but I'm already sensing chemistry between Scarlet and Robin, so back off Marian.

3. The Selection by Kiera Cass
This one just seems like it will be explosive. Take the Hunger Games and Wither and throw them together and you might have a slight taste of what this debut holds.

4. Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers
I'm still not entirely sure what this one is about, but from what I can gather it will be EPIC.

5. Trafficked by Kim Purcell
Everyone needs a cause to champion and fight againt; mine has always been human trafficking. The fact that at any given time there are over 3 million people in the U.S. alone being forced into slavery is appalling and horrifying. And that's just in my country. Women and children are being sold at an alarmingly increasing rate worldwide, and I am grateful that there is a YA novel tackling this issue.

3 comments:

  1. Grave Mercy is so good!! It's about a girl who was trained at a convent to be an assassin, and is then given a mission in the court of Brittany where she gets tangled with a certain man named Gavriel. Sooo much political intrigue and craziness, I totally adored it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all r on my wishlist
    hope i can read them all/difficult int

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the challenge! I'm trying to restrain myself from signing up for too many challenges next year, but not sure if I can resist this one. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!