Oct 22, 2013

Review: Trust In Me by J. Lynn

Title: Trust In Me
Author: J. Lynn
Publisher: William Morrow
Publication Date: 10.22.2013
Pages: Unknown – ebook only
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Series: Wait for You 1.5
Source: eARC from publisher

Rating: A+

Summary (from Goodreads):
It’s Wait for You as you’ve never seen it. Trust in Me lets you in on Cam’s side of the #1 New York Times Bestselling story.

Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life – literally – he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam’s not ready to give up. He can’t get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head.

Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?

Review:
I’m sorry, a book told entirely from Cam Hamilton’s POV? Line forms behind me, guys!

Thank you, thank you J. Lynn (also known as the author that doesn’t sleep, Jennifer L. Armentrout) for this amazing novella (which is kind of a lie as it’s nearly as long as the book that inspired it) that brought me right into the inner workings of one of my favorite characters ever. Seriously. Did you miss how I raved about Cam before? Check it out HERE.

The new adult genre is still fresh and being formed, but already is seems saturated with male characters that are just, for lack of a better word, douches. They treat women like crap, exhibit tendencies that would get you a one way ticket to a jail cell in real life, and yet we’re expected to swoon hard and fast and forgive all their transgressions.

Cam is not that guy. He has a natural charisma that immediately draws you in, but it’s his heart and loyalty that keep you coming back for more. It was so refreshing to read a male character that not only treated the woman he loved with respect, but treated his friends and family with the same amount of respect and love.

Have I mentioned that J. Lynn can write the male POV with scary accuracy? A female writing a male perspective either is amazing or falls apart faster than a snowman in the desert. J. Lynn seems to have mastered the male voice which makes this story all the more enjoyable.

Fans of Wait for You cannot miss this installment. And for those of you who haven’t read the book … What are you waiting for?


Buy: Amazon

5 comments:

  1. There are definitely too many douches in NA. I'm all for a good alpha but when that alpha crosses the line, I'm done. Cam...he might be worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Hannah? Why haven't I read Wait for You yet? WHAT IS MY PROBLEM! I need to read it immediately so I can then dive head first into this one and suction myself to Cam like a starfish. *makes grabby hands* Cannot wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started it today and I can't wait to read from Cam's POV! He is one of the sweetest guys ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, your first line is hilarious! I love it! Yes! Exactly! Cam is such a great guy, even if he has slept around, he treats women with respect and care. Love it! Great review!

    Vi
    AKA Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't give this top marks simply because I felt like it was too similar to the original. I enjoy split pov, but I'm not crazy about this new trend of retelling the same story through another character. I would have been happier with Trust in Me if (shocking, I know) it didn't exist and it had been integrated with Wait for You. Then again, I guess JLA possibly didn't expect that we'd all fall so in love with Cam, who, I agree, is one of the best male characters around. She nails his voice in this "novella". If all new adult were as good as this series, people would accept it as a real genre already.

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!