Dec 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: A Girl Called Fearless by Catherine Linka


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly waiting to get into our hands.



This week I'm waiting on....

A Girl Called Fearless
By: Catherine Linka

Summary:
Avie Reveare has the normal life of a privileged teen growing up in L.A., at least as normal as any girl's life is these days.  After a synthetic hormone in beef killed 50 million American women ten years ago, only young girls, old women, men and boys are left to pick up the pieces. The death threat is past, but fathers still fear for their daughters’ safety, and the Paternalist Movement, which was begun to “protect” young women, is taking over all the choices they make. 

 Like all her friends, Avie still mourns the loss of her mother, but she's also dreaming about college and love and what she'll make of her life.  But when her dad contracts her to marry a rich, older man to raise the money to save his struggling company, her life suddenly narrows to two choices:  be trapped in a marriage with a controlling politician, or run.  Her lifelong friend, student revolutionary Yates, urges her to run to freedom over the border to Canada.  He's always believed she's fearless and will help her escape if she's willing.  As their friendship turns to passion, the decision to leave becomes harder and harder.  Running away is incredibly dangerous and it's possible she'll never see Yates again.

But staying could mean death.

Why I Want It:
I am a fan of disaster scenarios. Movies, books, tv shows .... the more dire the straits, the happier I am. So this book is totally up my alley. It sounds a lot like Eve by Anna Carey, which I adored .... until the series fizzled. Hopefully this one will be amazing!

A Girl Called Fearless will be released on May 6, 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

4 comments:

  1. This does sound amazing Hannah, SIGN ME UP! Well, sign me up for reading it, not for a contracted marriage with a creepy older man. Unless he's not creepy and is instead sexy and delicious. That changes things. I digress....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds really good. I love books with arranged marriages and a girl struggling to make her own choices so this one sounds like it will be right up my alley. Will definitely be adding to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, wow. This sounds awesome! I'm all over this creepy future -- I think I'd run if someone tried to marry me off to an old dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horse Bridles. Peruse physical, Micklem, tracker, grackle, dressage, twofold and streak harnesses. Horseware, Collegiate, Schockemohle and PS Of Sweden stockist. bridle horse

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!