Jan 17, 2013

Liebster Awards (AKA Get To Know Your Blogger)


Imagine my shock when the awesome Christina nominated me for Liebster! Thanks, sweetie! 
The Liebster Blog Award is an award that is given by the blogging community to new up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  I’m modifying that requirement a bit and asking people I think might like some more traffic in general.   The rules of the Liebster are as follows:
1) Tell 11 things about yourself.
2) Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3) Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
4) Nominate 11.
5) Get in contact with those bloggers to inform them that you nominated them.
Here's the thing ... I honestly don't know who I would nominate for a Liebster (not that I don't know 11+ kick ass bloggers that deserve some recognition), so I'm making this an open forum. Feel free to swipe this post and put it up on your blog or answer in the comments ... It's honestly a great way for people to know more about a blogger. 
Here are my 11 random facts:
1. Until I started The Irish Banana Review, I never used my real name online. I'm not kidding. When I was a teen, they were still incessantly drilling the evils of the internet and so I adopted a fake personna to use online that I used everywhere. I used my Spanish class name (Isabel) and this IsisIzabel was born. By the time I wanted to start using Hannah, everyone knew me as "IsisIzabel" or "Iz" and it was a mess. Which brings me to...

2. One of the things IsisIzabel was known for is fanfiction. Yes ... I wrote fanfic for years. I still have a livejournal account, fanfiction.net account, and several other places where you can find the stuff I wrote. Apparently I was decent at it - I won a few awards. I've always written, since I was a kid, but I stopped writing fanfiction to focus on writing my own original works, but fanfic writing really helped evolve my writing and I'm grateful for it. Hey, it worked for Cassandra Clare and E.L. James!

3. I've only ever lived in 2 states - Maryland and Virgina.

4. As a kid I was on swim team and dive team. I quit swim team to focus on my diving, but had a bad incident where I hit my head on the board and shied away from diving after that.

5. My niece is named after a literary figure (Aria from the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard).

6. I spent 6 years at a 2 year community college because I changed my major 3 times. I work in a field now that has nothing to do with my two AA degrees (Psychology and History) - I'm a medical research assistant.

7. I was heavily involved in missions trips with my church. I've traveled to Kentucky several times to help rebuild homes, and I went to Ukraine to teach English to college students there for a few weeks.

8. I am obsessed with music and finding artists my friends haven't heard of. I have a playlist for every possible mood on my iPod (there's like 25 playlists ... It's nuts). I will listen to a single song on repeat for weeks until I purge my obsession for it from my system. I listened to Florence + the Machine's "Drumming Song" 53 times in a single day.

9. My immediate family is a very tight-knit group, but my extended family not so much. I was never close to any of my grandparents (they're all deceased now) and I only see aunts, uncles, and cousins at weddings and funerals ... and even then not everyone shows up.

10. Until this summer I had never been further west than Chicago (I went to Arizona this summer for work).

11. I have no desire to get married and/or have children. At all. I'm very much a girl who likes to be by herself and find that if I can't have my "me time" I get quite irritable. As for children ... My policy is I love kids - as long as I can give them back. When they cry, make a mess, or something else yucky, I have no problem giving your child back.
11 Questions From Christina  
1.  Describe yourself in 3 words
Energectic ... Imaginitive ... Caring
2.  What did you major in at college and do you actually use your degree now?
Me in Arizona
OK, I majored in English, Education, Nursing, and Paralegal. I have a degree in Pyschology and History, and no I don't really use them now.
3.  Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
Drew Barrymore. She's sweet and funny and doesn't look like the ideal Hollywood stick figure. I'm not a stick figure in case you couldn't tell.
4.  Not counting family, what do you feel your greatest accomplishment is so far in life?
I dabbled in graphic design and designed a water bottle label for a fandom (the Jason and Elizabeth fan from General Hospital) that was passed around to everyone at an event the GH cast did. There's a pic of Steve Burton (Jason) holding it in a magazine.
5.  If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
I love the Wild West times. Using an outhouse would suck, but there's something about the 1840's-1890's I just love. Maybe it's the horses.
6.  What is at the top of your bucket list?
Travel to Ireland. My family is originally from there and has a Coat of Arms there. (It's called The Irish Banana for a reason.)
7.  Something you can’t leave the house without?
My inhaler. I'm a severe asthmatic. I have like 6 - one in my car, one at work, one in my purse, one in my room, and a couple others in different bags I frequently use.
8.  What’s the last book you did not finish and why?
Intentionally didn't finish? Or didn't finish because I got distracted? I intentionally didn't finish Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. I got pulled away from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and didn't go back. Yet. I will.
9.  If you were in a hit music band, what would it be called?
Oh, Lord, I have no idea. Maybe that's our name: The No-Ideas. Catchy, right?
10.  Congratulations, you just won a billion dollars. What’s your first purchase?
A new house. A much bigger house. I'm kind of obsessed with big houses. It's not like I have a small house (for different reasons my family actually all lives together - 6 adults and soon a baby), but I love houses that have pools and spas and movie rooms and libraries. I want a house with a massive library.
11.  What song would you pick to be the theme song of your life? 


"Sweet Silver Lining" by Kate Voegele

11 Questions For You
*Answer in the comments or start your own blog post*

1. What was your highest blogging point?
2. What was your lowest blogging point?
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
4. Do you have a unique skill or weird something you can do that most people can't?
5. If you could only watch one movie the rest of your life, what would you watch?
6. You get an all expenses paid vacation anywhere you want and can bring up to 5 people - where do you go? Who do you take?
7. When is the last time you laughed so hard your sides ached?
8. If you were given $1 Million to be donated to a charity of your choice, which would you pick?
9. Who is your hero?
10. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
11. Why did you start blogging?

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating - great answers :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!